You're The One That I Want Book Cover Nails


My inspiration for these nails comes from Giovanna Fletcher's new book, You're The One That I Want!

Giovanna Fletcher Book Nails

As soon as I saw this book advertised I knew I had to try recreating it on my nails, the cover is gorgeous! I read Giovanna's first book Billy and Me last year and it was so lovely so I had high hopes for this one, luckily it has lived up to them and exceeded them! I think this cover really reflects how amazing this book is.


Giovanna Fletcher Book Cover Nails

I just love the colours on here, that blue is perhaps my all time favourite colour. I've loved sunsets and reflections in water after having included them in one of my art projects at school and so this really appealed to me in this design. However I chose to keep the sunset to just the two nails so it didn't seem too overpowering (and it would have taken so much longer!).


Giovanna Fletcher Book Cover Nails

The part I found most difficult was the writing on my thumb. Trying to paint it small enough so it would all fit, and big enough so it was still readable was so tricky. In the end I gave up trying to copy the font on the book cover which I was slightly upset with!


During the week I bought a matte top coat and was excited I just had to use it on this design. I really like this effect on these nails and I think I may have a new obsession!

Book Cover NailsGiovanna Fletcher Book Cover Nails

On my other nails I chose to do a really simple swirl pattern with a few hearts and the themes of the book are love and friendships, and I didn't want them to try and compete for attention with the main designs. To create the sunsets I started with the purpley/blue at the top of the nail and then blended it with the pink until it reached the blue of the water. I then painted the silhouette with black paint.

Giovanana Fletcher Book Cover Nails

What do you think? 

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts