Spotty Nails

As I got some dotting tools for my birthday last week I used them to create these nails!


I've never had a collection of dotting tools before so I was so excited to get these from one of my friends, and couldn't wait to try them out!



It was so refreshing not to use a brush to create nail art, although I think it took just as long as you need such a steady hand to keep the spots consistent. I hadn't really come up with a design before I started painting and that was also something I wasn't used to! These tools also make it easier  to paint using my non dominant hand but it still shakes so much making the spots smudge!


Here are the dotting tools! There's such a variety of sizes, I love them!


The base colour I used is Barry M's Indigo and I think it works really well to make the colour of the spots stand out. In these photos I think it looks more of a dark blue but in person it definitely has a purple-y tint!


I'm not too sure why I painted my middle fingernail with a different pattern, I guess it made sense in my mind at the time! I think the design would have worked better with the pink circles in a smaller size and closer together, but I don't think it's too bad for a first attempt. 


So there's my first design using dotting tools, hope you like it!

Thanks for having a look at my bog!

Comments

  1. These look so cool! I especially love the dark background polish you picked, it makes the design look a bit psychedelic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm so glad I chose that colour! Thanks for commenting it means so much to me!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts