Spongebob Nails

 Hi everyone! My nails this week are inspired by Spongebob Squarepants!

Spongebob Squarepants Nail Art

I haven't seen the cartoon in so many years but doing these nails all the memoires from watching it came back to me and I kept singing the theme song in my head over and over, it's horribly catchy!



Spongebob Squarepants Nail Art

My inspiration for these came last week after I felt my Arctic Monkeys Nails were a bit simple and I wanted more a challenge for my next nails, especially as I've got more time to spend on them this week! I also found my forgotten Spongebob pyjamas (they are bright yellow and glow in the dark, how could I possibly forget them?) in my drawer and so these were created!

Spongebob Squarepants Nail Art

The base I used was Barry M's Greenberry and sponged a bluey/green mix to create an ombre tone. Next I painted the flowers that are commonly seen in the background and then I moved on to the characters! Gary the snail is on my thumb, Patrick on my middle finger and Spongebob of course is on my ring finger! I really wanted to paint Squidward as he is my favourite character but I didn't want to try and attempt too much and get annoyed with them.

Spongebob Squarepants Nail Art

I'm most pleased with how Patrick turned out, I think he most looks like he's supposed to! Spongebob himself was very tricky and I wish I spent more time fixing his mouth and eyes, he hasn't got the right sparkly smile!

I really enjoyed painting these and wearing them so I think it was a success!

Let me know what you think in the comments!
Thanks for reading :)

Comments

Popular Posts