Poppy Nails for Remembrance Day

Hi everyone! This weekend in Britain, and other commonwealth countries, it is Remembrance Day on Sunday to commemorate the end of World War 1, and so I had to pay tribute to this on my nails.


Remembrance poppies are worn in the UK to remember soldiers that have died in war as inspired by the poem In Flanders Field, the colour signifies the blood lost during the war. Therefore choosing what to paint on my nails to commemorate this was an easy choice.





I chose to just do the poppies on two nails as I also wanted to paint some nails plain red and I think this has worked well, also this meant I could paint my other hand the same and have both hands match for once!


The red I used is Bright Red and it suits this occasion really well, it's the perfect shade. On the poppy nails I started by using a red acrylic and painted the basic poppy shapes. then added the black centre and then added a lighter red to the middle. I then added in the green leaves. I really like how easy these nails were to paint and how effective they look!


Lest we forget.


Thank you for reading my blog, let me know what you think!


Comments

Popular Posts