Spring Floral Nails

With a lack of inspiration, I once again looked to the season for a nail design! Spring is all about flowers so I had to do some spring floral nails!


I've done quite a few floral designs recently but Spring really is the perfect time to do them! Also this week my middle finger nail completely fell off when I jammed it into the fridge (well done me!) but the tea bag still held it in place, but I think once I remove this manicure it will be unsalvageable! :(




For these ones I wanted to go for a softer variation, like a Spring garden design rather than bright and bold prints! I started the design with only a basic idea in my head and I'm quite happy with the result!


The base I used is Barry M's 'Eat My Dust'. In the bottle it looks like a pale mauve/purply colour but on my nails it seemed more like a grey/blue colour! I think it's a wonderful colour to paint on pink flowers as the colours really complement each other! Everything else is acrylic paint and I wish I added some more colours and flower shapes!


On some nails I do think I added too many green stems and leaves, they seem to be a bit overwhelming, especially as I was aiming for a soft and delicate look!


Overall I think these were quite successful, although I can't decide if I like them or not - the more I look at the them the more faults I find!


Let me know what you think in the comments!
Thank you for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts