Purple Rose Nails For Cystic Fibrosis Awareness

Hello everyone! My nails this week are a purple rose design for cystic fibrosis awareness!


A few weeks ago on instagram I saw a post tagged with #breatheeasymani for cystic fibrosis awareness. This was immediately something I knew I had to take part in as I have had personal experience knowing someone with the disease, and there is currently no cure for it. 



For some children who suffer with cystic fibrosis they find it easier to call it '65 roses' and so roses are the symbol used to raise awareness. 


For the roses I found inspiration from lacquerstyle's spring floral nails. Her floral nails cannot be beaten and are always so beautiful! The base polish I used is berry ice cream, the only pale lilac polish I have!


For nearly 10 years I was at school with a boy who suffered with the condition and so raising awareness is very important to me. I didn't know him very well but he always had a smile on his face and was one of the most genuinely lovely people in my year. His spirits were always so high and during our last year at school he helped the school to fundraise for the CF trust. Sadly at the age of 18 in 2012, a few months after leaving sixth form, he passed away. We all knew his life expectancy wasn't as long as ours but to know that this boy who was so full of life had been taken away was so upsetting and I would love to see improved treatments and a cure to this disease.


I really struggled writing this post, and I really hope more awareness for this life affecting disease is made as so little information is known in general.


If you want to find out more about the disease I found the UK cystic fibrosis trust website helpful.

Thank you for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts