Strawberry Nails

Hello everyone! As it's the Wimbledon final this weekend and I'm a big tennis fan I had to pay tribute to it on my nails!


As a result I did a pattern than is synonymous with Wimbledon in particular - strawberries!




I was lucky enough to go to Wimbledon in 2007 and had a great time, and tried some of the famous strawberries so I thought this design would be perfect! As I was painting these nails Murray lost in the semi final to Federer which from a British perspective is quite sad, but the thought of a Federer - Djokovic final is amazing!


I did some Wimbledon nails last year but I wasn't very happy with them! This year I decided to go for one design from the theme and I'm pleased with the result!


Strawberries are also just a great summer nail design and I've never done fruit nails before! I started with a base of Barry M's 'Huckleberry' and it creates a nice background for the red of the strawberries, allowing them to stand out nicely!


To do this design I used acrylic paint, and first did white polka dots, and then blobbed on the general shape of the strawberries in white first. I then went over  this with a red to make them more vibrant! At this point it did look a mess but once the green stems are painted it looks so much better! I then finished the design by painting the little white seeds!


So here are my strawberry nails to celebrate Wimbledon! 

Thanks for reading, let me know what you think!


Comments

Popular Posts