Lace Flower Nails

Hello everyone! For my review post this week I'm using some little flower decorations! 


After a bit of an inspiration block I created a delicate lace pattern with them!



 I had all sorts of ideas of what to do with these flower decorations but as I sat down to paint them on my nails I couldn't find any inspiration and had to re do my thumb and index fingers as I didn't like it! The base coat I used was Barry M's 'Eat My Dust'!


In the end I came up with this lace effect design! I painted the pattern in black acrylic paint first and let that dry before I added the flower decorations! I applied a small dab of clear polish onto the area I wanted the flowers and then applied them, simple! However they can be a little bit fiddly and stick to your fingers! 


I've never used any products like this before, but I had a lot of fun playing around with these flowers! I found they had a slight curve on them so they lie flat on the nail! However I didn't realise this at first so a few are sticking up the wrong way on my first nail but they're so thin it doesn't matter anyway. 



There are literally hundreds of the flowers in the pot so 
even though they're a little bit fiddly and you may end up losing a few but you'll hardly notice! They come in three different colours, black white and pink and you can buy them here and get 10% off with my discount code FICW10!


Overall I'm happy with this design especially as it only took about an hour to do both hands when usually it takes me over an hour to do just one had! I'm not sure how strong just using the nail polish to bond them to the nails so I don't know how long they're likely to stay on, depending on how much you use your hands they may be better if you just want pretty nails for one day or a special event!

Thanks for reading, let me know what you think!

Comments

Popular Posts