Dotticure Nails

Hello everyone! This week I've done a dotted nail pattern!

Dottism/Pointilsm Dotticure Nail Art

I was a bit stuck for inspiration this week until I saw this post on instagram that led me to the dotillism artist Elspeth McLean, and I completely fell in love with her artwork and was inspired to my paint my nails based on her work!



Dottism/Pointilsm Dotticure Nail Art

I was mostly in awe of her use of colours and patience, it is truly inspiring! I think the effect of using little dots to create patterns and images is beautiful and can be transferred really well to nail art!

Dottism/Pointilsm Dotticure Dotty Spotty Nail Art

The last time I tried a dotticure I really hated how it turned out, but I'm so pleased with the finished look of these!

Dottism/Pointilsm Dotticure Dotty Spotty Nail Art

The base coat I used is Barry M's 'Make Me Teal' from their Sunset Collection! The design is hand painted using acrylic paints! I used a tiny paintbrush to create the dots instead of a dotting tool as I'm far more comfortable with a paintbrush!

Dottism/Pointilsm Dotticure Dotty Spotty Nail Art

Let me know what you think!
Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts